We want MPF to have a positive impact on the world outside of punk. With so many people gathering in one place we feel that MPF is a great opportunity to support people that are less fortunate than ourselves.
The Booth Centre is here to bring about positive change in the lives of people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and help them plan for and realise a better future.
They do this by providing advice to find accommodation, education, training and help to secure employment, free healthy meals, support in tackling issues with health and addiction, and creative activities to boost confidence and self esteem.
The Booth Centre is an independent, registered charity (no. 1062674) with no religious or political affiliations. Find out more about The Booth Centre here.
If you would like to support the Booth Centre please bring any of the items listed below to MPF2019 on any day. We will provide details of the collection point closer to the festival!
Food and drink
We provide a free cooked breakfast and lunch to 80 people each day which means we’re always in need of donations of food and drink. In particular we are in need of:
- Fresh food – including fresh fruit, vegetables, cheese, milk and bread
- Tins – meat (corned beef, ham, stewing steak, tuna), beans, spaghetti, custard, rice pudding, fruit and vegetables
- Pasta, rice and chickpeas
- Cook-in sauces
- Herbs, spices and condiments
- Biscuits and cakes
- Porridge oats
- Drinks – including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cup-a-soups and juice
- Tesco vouchers, which we can use for our weekly shop if particular items are running low
Underwear and accessories
- Hats, gloves and scarves
Materials for our activities
- Art supplies and frames
- Wood for our woodwork sessions
- Fabrics and sewing supplies for sewing workshops
- Mobiles phones for people looking for work
- Paper, pens, notebooks
Now that we have a shower we like to provide people with toiletry packs. We are always in need of:
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shower gel
- Razors and shaving foam
- Women’s toiletries – sanitary products and moisturiser
We like to give people the opportunity to go shopping and choose their own new clothes, particularly if they are going to a job interview. Therefore we always welcome shopping vouchers.
Please note that we cannot accept donations of clothes or furniture as we do not have the space to store them. However, we refer homeless people to the Mustard Tree for these items and they will happily accept your donations too.
More details can be found on their website here.